For Union Leaders
Six Top Ways to Promote the Benefits
Top Benefits to Promote
Five Top Ways to Promote the Benefits
READ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR UNION LEADERS
1. Order Free Materials
Distribute materials to union members — including brochures, coupons, a display holder and more.
Order coupons, brochures, flyers and more to distribute to union members:
- Post these materials on bulletin boards at worksites, in lunch rooms, union halls and more
- Place the displays in your union hall, training center, lunch room, etc. and refill them with brochures as needed
- Include these materials in new member welcome kits
- Distribute at meetings, in mailings or employee mailboxes
Email us or call toll free at 800-472-2005. Call 202-293-5330 if you're in the Washington, DC area.
2. Post Online
Whether on your union website or your union social media profile, make sure your members can easily find benefits information in one click.
What's the most popular section of most union websites? Benefits information!
Make sure your members can find benefits information in one click from your home page:
- Add "Member Benefits" to your union website's primary navigation
- Add a banner for priority programs (e.g., Union Plus Credit Card Program, Union Plus Wireless Discount Program, Union Plus Mortgage) on your home page and the "Member Benefits" page, and then incorporate a link to UnionPlus.org for the list of other benefits.
Check out other content at:
3. Send Emails
Send emails to your members that include a benefits spotlight with these sample templates, along with various banners and/or images to include with your emails.
What to Include in the Email
- Check this promotional calendar
- Blog posts from our Tips + Updates Blog
- Sample emails for Union Plus Credit Card Program, Union Plus Discount Program, Union Plus Mortgage Program and all top programs
- Include banners in your emails
- New promotions (seasonal/holidays)
4. Place Ads & Articles
Search our full library of press-ready ads, articles and web banners. Promoting your union's Union Plus benefits effectively is easy with these ready-to-use materials.
Union Plus web banners
- Place a Union Plus web banner on your union's home page
How to Place an Ad
View featured programs or search full library of press-ready print ads.
5. Use Benefits in Organizing
Union Plus can be the icing on the cake for successful organizing drives.
Top Benefits to Promote
- Union Plus Credit Cards from Capital One® are designed to meet the needs of hard-working union members and their families.
- Choose from three card options, all with competitive rates, U.S.-based phone customer service, and more.
- AT&T is the ONLY nationwide unionized wireless carrier.
- Union members can save 15% on the monthly service charge of qualified AT&T wireless plans through the Union Plus Discount Program. Plus get rebates up to $250!
- Union staff employees can save 18% on their personal AT&T wireless service.
- Your union office can save 22% off union-billed AT&T wireless plans.
- The Union Plus® Mortgage Program can help you purchase a home while also receiving special benefits by virtue of your union membership.
- Auto insurance premiums can take a bite out of the family budget, but now labor union members can compare auto insurance rates and save on car insurance with the Union Plus Auto Insurance Program.
For any questions or customization needs, do not hesitate to contact the Union Plus Leader Line at 800-472-2005, or 202-293-5330 in the Washington, DC area.