Help protect your family from accidents
Disabling injuries may occur anytime or anywhere. The Union Plus Accident Disability Insurance Plan is an affordable way to help protect your family's financial security from any type of accident.
Go to My Account to set up Auto-Pay, make a one-time payment, review important product information and more.
The Accident Disability Insurance Plan covers all types of accidents
Many Americans are not prepared to deal with the aftermath of an accident, especially outside the workplace where most accidents occur. Union Plus offers union members the Accident Disability Plan as a way of helping to provide protection for all types of covered accidents—from the minor to the fatal—anywhere they occur.
Why should I get the Accident Disability Insurance Plan?
Consider what would happen if you were unable to work for days, weeks or months from an accident. The Union Plus Accident Disability Insurance Plan is a "catch-all" plan to help provide added financial protection for all covered accidents. First, it pays a daily benefit while you are in the Hospital for any kind of covered accident. Secondly, if the accident is severe enough to cause a disability - one that causes you to become unable to perform the material and substantial duties of your usual occupation - it pays an additional monthly benefit to help relieve the added financial burden caused by your inability to work. And third, if the accident is fatal, the Accident Disability Insurance Plan death benefit can be used to help pay the bills if you are gone.
Accident Disability Insurance Plan coverage and rates
The Accident Disability Insurance Plan is limited accident only coverage for union members under age 60 who want to help their family. This all-in-one solution combines three different types of coverage, including:
- Hospitalization due to a covered accident. Your coverage begins the first day you're in the hospital and continues for up to 500 days of being in the hospital - no waiting period necessary - no matter how minor.
- Disability due to a covered accident. After 60-day elimination period, the policy pays you, a monthly benefit for up to 12 months if you are Totally Disabled and unable to perform the activities of your usual occupation as a result of the accident.
- Accidental death provides added financial protection for any covered accidental death - including a death that occurs up to a year (365 days) after the original accident which caused the fatal injuries.
You have a choice between three benefit levels:
Option 1: You and your spouse or domestic partner receive coverage for:
- $50 a day for hospitalization (up to 500 days), and
- $500 a month for disability up to one year (after a 60-day wait period and subject to other income benefits); and
- $50,000 for covered accidental death.
Option 2: You and your spouse or domestic partner receive coverage for:
- $100 a day for hospitalization (up to 500 days), and
- $1,000 a month for disability up to one year(after a 60-day wait period and subject to other income benefits); and
- $100,000 for covered accidental death.
Option 3: You and your spouse or domestic partner receive coverage for:
- $75 a day for hospitalization (up to 500 days), and
- $750 a month for disability up to one year (after a 60-day wait period and subject to other income benefits); and
- $75,000 for covered accidental death.
This example is for purposes of illustrating the effect of the disability benefit reductions and is not intended to reflect the situation of a particular claimant under the policy.
|Maximum Benefit Amount||$1,000.00|
|Worker's Comp Benefit||-500.00|
|Maximum Benefit Payable||$500.00|
The Accident Disability Insurance Plan offers three benefit options with the following built-in features:
- This policy pays you from the first day of confinement in a hospital due to a covered injury.
- You receive benefits in addition to any other insurance you may already have.
- Premiums do not increase and benefits do not decrease with age - you won't pay more for your coverage, or lose any of your benefits until coverage ends at age 65.
- Strike waiver of premium - we will pay your premium for up to one year if you are involved in a union-sanctioned strike or lockout. May not be available for all unions.
- You're protected for all covered accidents - anytime, anywhere 24 hours a day.
- You have a 60-day review period with a satisfaction guarantee.
We designed this plan to stay affordable. To control costs this plan excludes certain losses. Read the complete list of exclusions in the Terms below.
|Coverage Amount||Member||Member & Spouse/Domestic Partner|
Rates and/or benefits may be changed on a class basis.
Ready to save?
Union Plus Accident Disability Insurance Plan helps protect your family's financial security from any type of accident.Enroll now
Your questions, answered.
Speak to a Union Plus Insurance Representative at 800-393-0864 (8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET, weekdays).
You may also contact the Union Plus Member Advocate, an OPEIU Local 2 member, at 800-472-2005 (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET, weekdays).
More ways to save
Accident Disability Insurance Plan Exclusions
The Union Plus Accident Disability Insurance Plan does not cover any loss resulting from:
Intentionally self-inflicted Injury, suicide or attempted suicide, whether sane or insane
War or act of war, whether declared or undeclared;
Injury is defined as bodily injury resulting directly from accident and independently of all other causes.
CONDITIONS PRIOR TO EFFECTIVE DATE:
We will not pay a Benefit for any loss or period of Total Disability which:
begins during the first 24 months of your insurance; and
is a result of a Pre-Existing Condition; unless such Total Disability begins after you have been free of Medical Care for the condition for a 12 month period ending any time on or after your effective date.
CONDITIONS PRIOR TO EFFECTIVE DATE OF INCREASE IN COVERAGE:
We will not pay an increased Benefit for any loss or period of Total Disability which:
begins during the first 24 months following the date you make a change in coverage that increases your benefits; and
is a result of a Pre-Existing Condition unless such Total Disability begins after you have been free of Medical Care for the condition for a 12 month period ending any time on or after your effective date of increase.
PRE-EXISTING CONDITION MEANS ANY DISABILITY, DIAGNOSED OR UNDIAGNOSED, FOR WHICH MEDICAL CARE IS RECEIVED BY YOU:
within the 12 month period prior to the date your insurance starts; or
with respect to the limitation for any increase in coverage, within the 12 month period prior to the effective date of your increase in coverage.
Your coverage and your spouse or dependent partner’s coverage will end on the earliest of:
the date The Policy terminates;
the premium due date on or next following the date you or your spouse or domestic partner attain the Policy Age Limit;
the date you or your spouse or domestic partner cease to be Actively at Work, except due to disability covered by The Policy;
the premium due date any required premium contribution is not made, subject to the Individual Grace Period; or
with respect to your spouse or domestic partner’s coverage, the premium due date
he or she is legally separated or divorced from you; or
your coverage ends.
However, if your spouse or domestic partner's coverage would terminate because of your death, coverage will continue until the premium due date on or next following your death unless continued in accordance with the Surviving Spouse Continuation provision.
Please be sure to click here to read this Important Medicare Replacement Notice
Amy Cybyske, Licensed in all applicable jurisdictions.
This website explains the general purpose of the insurance described, but in no way changes or affects the Master Policy AGP-5878 as actually issued. In the event of a discrepancy between this website and the policy, the terms of the policy apply. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. Policies underwritten by Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company detail exclusions, limitations, and terms under which the policies may be continued in full or discontinued. Complete details are in the Certificate of Insurance issued to each insured individual and the Master Policy issued to the policyholder. Benefits may vary and this program may not be available to residents of all states or in all unions.
The Hartford® is The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., and its subsidiaries, including issuing company Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company.
A.G.I.A., Inc. is the Plan Administrator that administers the insurance plan on behalf of the Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company for the benefit of the Group Policyholder.
Union Privilege is compensated for the placement of insurance and for the services it provides to customers on behalf of the insurance company, in addition to other compensation it may receive.
This is a participating group policy under which dividends and/or experience credits may be paid to the group policyholder.
This policy provides disability income insurance and ACCIDENT insurance only. It does NOT provide basic hospital, basic medical or major medical insurance as defined by the New York Department of Financial Services.
IMPORTANT NOTICE — THIS POLICY DOES NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR SICKNESS
Underwritten by Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company, Hartford, CT 06155.
Disability Form Series includes GBD-1000, GBD-1200, or state equivalent.