Who says you need to leave home for a tropical escape? Treat yourself to a taste of the islands with these union-made cocktails. No passport required!
Grab these union-made rums for your tropical cocktails!
|Captain Morgan||Parrot Bay|
|Caribbean Rum||Ron Merito|
Tropical Escape Cocktails
Bring a tropical vacation to you by recreating these classic cocktails made with union-made ingredients.
Jamaican Rum Punch
This delicious concoction is a traditional rum punch recipe courtesy of Union Plus, senior marketing manager, Leslie Williamson. With three different types of rum, it certainly packs a punch!
- 1 lime
- 2 shots of grenadine
- 1 shot dark rum
- 1 shot of white rum
- 1 shot of gold rum
- 2 shots of orange juice (Minute Maid, Tropicana)
- 2 shots of pineapple juice (Minute Maid, Musselman, Tropicana)
Mix all ingredients together in a punch bowl or pitcher. Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Watermelon Mai Tai
Take a trip to Hawaii with Ted Allen’s Watermelon Mai Tai recipe. The watermelon adds a refreshing twist on a traditional Mai Tai.
- 1/2 cup cubed watermelon, seedless or seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons light rum
- 2 tablespoons St. Germaine liqueur
- 1 lime, juiced plus 1 wedge for garnish
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar (Domino’s, Imperial)
- Ice, for serving
Place the watermelon, rum, St. Germaine liqueur, lime juice and superfine sugar in the pitcher of a blender and blend on high until well blended. Pour into a double old-fashioned glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy.
Try Joy Bauer’s frosty Piña Colada recipe! The combination of creamy coconut and tangy pineapple is delicious, and it couldn’t be easier to make.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 ounces rum
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 to 2 drops coconut extract
- 3 to 5 ice cubes
- Fresh pineapple wedges, for garnish
Add the pineapple chunks, coconut milk, rum, shredded coconut, coconut extract and ice cubes to a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and garnish each with a pineapple wedge.
Tropical Passion Mocktail
Aaron McCargo Jr.’s Tropical Passion Mocktail recipe is so refreshing and tasty, it will transport you to the islands! Made with a variety of juices and fizzy club soda, this is a drink that everyone can enjoy.
- 2 cups white grape juice (Minute Maid, Tropicana, V8, Welch’s)
- 2 cups apple juice (Appletime, Minute Maid, Mott’s, Red Creek’s, Tropicana, Welch’s)
- 1 cup passion fruit juice (Minute Maid, Tropicana, Welch’s)
- 1 liter club soda, for serving (Canada Dry)
To a large pitcher, add the juices and stir to combine. Pour the juice into 7 ice-filled glasses and top off with club soda.
This information comes from the AFL-CIO website and the IBEW, Local One, Directory for Union-Made Goods and Services.